Our research has centered on the construct of posttraumatic growth.
Posttraumatic growth is defined as positive psychological changes experienced as the result of the struggle with major life crises or traumatic events.
[Current Research Interests]
- Process and Outcome of Posttraumatic Growth and Life-Long Development
- Emotional and Cognitive Processing Following Trauma and Stressful Life Events
- Cultural Influences on Trauma-Related Beliefs, Attitudes, and Behaviors
- Cross-Cultural Aspects of Posttraumatic Growth
- Validity of the Posttraumatic Growth Inventory
- Couple-level and group-level of PTG
- Resiliency and PTG in Physicians and Medical Students
- Developing a Psycho-Educational Intervention Program of PTG
[Additional Research Topics we are interested in our lab]
- Eudaimonic well-being
- Anonymity (e.g., cyber bullying)
- Personality change (e.g., dark personality, HEXACO)