Seeking Research Assistant (RA) Positions for Winter 2019 (or Fall 2018)
Are you a motivated psychology major? Do you need to build your resume before applying to graduate school, or are you interested in immersing yourself in the research process? If you answered yes to any of the questions above, the Posttraumatic Growth (PTG) Lab may be a good fit for you! Dr. Taku’s research concentrates on the phenomenon of PTG, psychological growth that emerges as a result of struggling with a major life crisis. The PTG Lab is currently looking for one or two additional research assistants to begin in the Winter 2019 semester or 2018 Fall. November 1 is the deadline for the Winter 2019 semester applications and August 20 is the deadline for the fall 2018 semester applications. Applications for Fall 2019 semester will be open in January, 2019.
Being a member in the PTG lab will require the student to:
- Be an OU student, at a sophomore status, with Psychology major
- Completed or currently taking PSY 2500 (Research Design in Psychology Course)
- Plan to take PSY 2510 (Statistics in Psychology Course) in the future
- Dedicate 10 hours per week to lab work,
- Enroll in Readings and Research course (4 credits) or Research Apprenticeship course (4 credits), and
- Have effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable skills in multiple areas (e.g., writing, statistics, etc.) and will allow you to work independently as well as collaboratively with the fellow lab members to enhance your research experience, so please do not feel hesitant to apply. We are interested in providing all psychology students with the opportunity to be a part of our lab. If you are interested, please contact Dr. Taku <email@example.com> or Velinka Marton <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Before applying, please know that this is not a paid position. Also, in order to apply, you need to be an enrolled Oakland University student (psychology majors), specifically those who are sophomore status. Also, we are not accepting volunteer research assistants. In order to participate in this lab, you must take the research apprenticeship course that is 4 credits. The materials you need to apply include: Letter of Interest, which should include your research/career interest, Curriculum Vitae (resume), and your unofficial transcript. The Letter of Interest and CV (resume) should be e-mailed to Velinka Marton<email@example.com>, and the unofficial transcript should be printed and brought to the scheduled interview with Dr. Taku.
Please contact Dr. Taku (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Velinka Marton <email@example.com> if you are interested in applying for this position. We are always looking for motivated students who are interested in doing research with us and gaining lab experience.
Letter of Interest should include:
1) What you hope to accomplish in this research experience
2) How will you use this research experience for your future career
3) A list of related courses you have taken thus far
If you have any questions or want to make an appointment to discuss expectations/work requirements as an RA, feel free to email the current RAs for information.
- Whitney Dominick: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Kopitz: email@example.com
- Alvin Nicholas: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lauren Harrison: email@example.com
- Jenna Duronio: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Velinka Marton: email@example.com
- Alex Orille: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas Elias: email@example.com
- Brooklin Adams: firstname.lastname@example.org