Seeking Research Assistant (RA) Positions for Fall 2019
Are you a motivated psychology major? Do you need to build your resume before applying to graduate school, or are you interested in immersing yourself in the research process? If you answered yes to any of the questions above, the Posttraumatic Growth (PTG) Lab may be a good fit for you! Dr. Taku’s research concentrates on the phenomenon of PTG, psychological growth that emerges as a result of struggling with a major life crisis. The PTG Lab is currently looking for one or two additional research assistants to begin in the Fall 2019 semester. April 1st is the deadline for the Fall 2019 semester applications. Applications for Winter 2020 semester will be open in September, 2019.
Being a member in the PTG lab will require the student to:
- Be an OU student, at a sophomore or junior status, with Psychology major
- Completed or currently taking PSY 2500 (Research Design in Psychology Course)
- Plan to take PSY 2510 (Statistics in Psychology Course) in the future
- Dedicate 10 hours per week to lab work,
- Enroll in Readings and Research course (4 credits) or Research Apprenticeship course (4 credits), and
- Have effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable skills in multiple areas (e.g., writing, statistics, etc.) and will allow you to work independently as well as collaboratively with the fellow lab members to enhance your research experience, so please do not feel hesitant to apply. We are interested in providing all psychology students with the opportunity to be a part of our lab. If you are interested, please contact Dr. Taku <email@example.com> or Brooklin Adams <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Before applying, please know that this is not a paid position. Also, in order to apply, you need to be an enrolled Oakland University student (psychology majors), specifically those who are sophomore or junior status. Also, we are not accepting volunteer research assistants at this moment. In order to participate in this lab, you must take the research apprenticeship course that is 4 credits. The materials you need to apply include: Letter of Interest, which should include your research/career interest, Curriculum Vitae (resume), and your unofficial transcript. The Letter of Interest and CV (resume) should be e-mailed to Brooklin Adams <email@example.com>, and the unofficial transcript should be printed and brought to the scheduled interview with Dr. Taku.
Please contact Dr. Taku (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Brooklin Adams <email@example.com> if you are interested in applying for this position. We are always looking for motivated students who are interested in doing research with us and gaining lab experience.
Letter of Interest should include:
1) What you hope to accomplish in this research experience
2) How will you use this research experience for your future career
3) A list of related courses you have taken thus far, and
4) when you are planning to graduate
If you have any questions or want to make an appointment to discuss expectations/work requirements as an RA, feel free to email the current RAs for information.