Welcome to Emily Burley, our new undergraduate research assistant! Emily is currently a sophomore at Oakland University, double majoring in psychology and human resources management. She joined the lab due to her interest in using psychology to help others achieve a better quality of life, and hopes that learning about PTG will help her do so. Emily plans to study PTG as it relates to specific groups of people, such as grade school teachers and people who cause traumatic events by hurting others, both intentionally and unintentionally. After completing her undergraduate degree, she plans to attend graduate school and start a career in psychology. Emily can be reached at email@example.com.
Monthly Archives: July 2020
We are excited to start the new semester in a month and look forward to initiating new lines of FF-PTG LAB research projects. Here is some ideas.
- Social, political, and psychological impact of COVID-19 pandemic, including the distinctions between PTG, resilience, and well-being
- Impact on values and trust in government and statistics that relate to personality, anxiety, coping, and PTG
- Racial disparities, inequality, the mass protests in the U.S.,and justice related to action-focused growth
- PTG as defense mechanism against anxiety under COVID-19
- Tipping point for post-traumatic/daily cognitive, emotional, personality, relational, and physical changes
- Bright, dark, and ugly side of resilience and PTG
- Impact of being hurt and harming others within the same person
- Issues surrounding PTG, authentic growth, and illusory growth
- PTG as a means of revenge, and DARVO (deny, attack, reverse victim and offender roles)
- Sustainability of PTG and PTG as a temporal coping/mood
- Values of leisure, outdoor activities, sports and athletes under COVID-19 relate to mental and physical health
- Impact of cyber harassment, rejection, and bullying on well-being
If you would be interested in any of these topics, please let us know so we can collaborate and delve into some big unanswered questions together!