Fall semester is coming to an end but there is a lot more to come.
- We have completed a high school intervention at two schools throughout the semester. Research assistants visited local high schools and presented and discussed PTG to the students. Next semester there are three more schools to visit. Once data is collected and coded we will be able to analyze the data and present our findings at future events.
- Two studies are currently under review for poster presentation at the 2015 APA conference that will be held in Toronto next August.
- Walenski, A., Taku, K., & LaLonde, L. (2015, August planned). Cross-cultural differences in the relationships between hope and posttraumatic growth. Poster session is currently under review for the 123rd annual convention of the American Psychological Association (APA), 32 – Humanistic Psychology Division, Washington, DC.
- LaLonde, L., Taku, K., & Walenski, A. (2015, August planned). Personally important posttraumatic growth as a predictor of self-esteem in adolescents. Poster session is currently under review for the 123rd annual convention of the American Psychological Association (APA), 1 – General Psychology Division, Washington, DC.
- Dr. Taku is also working with Drs. Tedeschi and Shakespeare-Finch to develop a symposium about PTG in healthcare providers.
- Another member, Sharell Elam, is also working on her independent honors thesis. She is currently in the process of getting her study approved with the IRB.
- Reporter Deanna Lites interviewed Dr. Taku about research on PTG. Here is a clip that was aired on WWJ Newsradio.